Apparently, I recorded over the first side of my March 8, 1990 episode with the last 40 minutes or so of a show I’m dating at June 7, 1990 (based on a reference to upcoming events that Candy Cane makes during one of the breaks). The week after this, the crew moved to Friday night at 10pm for the summer because Eazy M had a summer job that required the switch. They were on Fridays through (I believe) the third week in September 1990.
Some good airbreaks here, with lots of jokes and Tone dissing K-Solo. The best part of this tape, though, is “Cock Diesel,” a hard to find Tony D track where he declares “Fuck BMW, I’ve got a Toyota Supra!” Some pretty solid mixes, too. The question of the night is “What is ghetto heaven?” Unsigned group Young, Gifted & Black from McGuire Air Force Base is in the house.
Lots of people in the studio (couldn’t figure out who they all were).
- Intro Airbreak
- Genius of Love… Tom Tom Club
- Buddy (feat. De La Soul & Jungle Brothers)… A Tribe Called Quest
- Let Me Show You… Chill Rob G
- Spellbound… K-Solo
- “Think you’re bad?” jazz PRB promo
- Funky for You… Nice & Smooth
- Grand Verbalizer, What Time Is It?… X-Clan
- To da Break of Dawn… LL Cool J
- Mack of Rap… Markey Fresh
- Mack of Rap… Markey Fresh (cont.)
- Ready 2 Attack… Special Ed
- Let the Rhythm Hit ‘Em (45 King Club Mix)… Eric B. & Rakim
- Tempt This… Young, Gifted & Black
- Rock Dis Funky Joint (On Fire Remix)… Poor Righteous Teachers
- Listen to Me Brother… Tony D
- Strictly for the Ladies… Lord Finesse
- Inside Out… Queen Latifah
- Inside Out… Queen Latifah (cont.)
- Airbreak (low to mid-80s weather)
- Tower with the Power… YZ
- Cock Diesel… Tony D
- We Rock the Mic… Redhead Kingpin & The F.B.I.
- In the Ways of the Scales… X-Clan
- Check the Elevation… Tony D
- into Eazy M’s house show (Fresh J had moved, so Too Smooth was no more)