Remember back when everyone complained about MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice? Ah, those were the days. This early 1991 episode features discussion of the recent American Music Awards with Vanilla Ice winning and PE and Digital Underground’s non-winning nominations.
Peep the surprising custom theme for PRB by Courageous Chief on side B. I don’t remember it at all. We also hear the origin of G’s “Mr. Softee” nickname in an uncomfortably awkward airbreak.
This episode’s unanswered question: did G ever get his KRS tape back from Almighty?
Side A (9:00pm)
- Express Yourself… N.W.A
- Intro Airbreak into Eazy-M’s set
- Brothers On My Jock (feat. Redman)… EPMD
- Looking At the Front Door… Main Source
- Ed Lover & Special Ed drops
- ? (cut)
- Teachers, Don’t Teach Us Nonsense… Leaders of the New School
- Zig Zag (?)… ?
- It’s a Shame (Remix)… Monie Love
- Airbreak into Tony D’s set
- Wake Up… Brand Nubian (cut)
- Grand Verbalizer, What Time Is It (Remix instrumental)… X-Clan
- Rebel Soul… Isis
- Can’t Escape the Hypeness… Blvd. Mosse
- Bust the Mental (instrumental)… Low Key
- Bust the Mental (instrumental)… Low Key (cont.)
- Peep the Move (feat. Rahzii Hi-Power)… Tony D
- Two Minute Brother… B.W.P.
- Mind Blowin’ (Remix)… The D.O.C.
- Courageous Chief PRB theme (!!)
- Funky Piano… EPMD
- Change the Style… Son of Bazerk
- Comprehend My Knowledge and Dance to the Beat… ?
- J Dubs Theme… Son of Bazerk